cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

3D Connexion support

Cdmeng
Contributor

Please!!! Make is so the 3D mouse can work smoothly. It's an amazing tool for drafters.

8 REPLIES 8
Botonis
Advisor

It works smoothly..... What is your problem 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

I have the enterprise version and it only ever works half the time, not just for archicad.

I have used it like 5 times with weeks in between and nothing has changed since I got it. It is a sweet tool if it worked 100 percent of the time.

This is also not a very nice way to reply. Being one who used to respond this way it's probably better that you only reply with positive or helpful posts. We all need to work together, not drag someone for looking for help. 

I don't think it's archicad, or if it is it's also 3d connection drivers. Or maybe there is another third party software plaguing us lol. 

It would help to put your machine type and anything else potentially relevant in your signature as that could help find a common denominator.

Hi Seneca.

Just wanted to be direct as I never had a problem with my 3d mouse.

Obviously this might be a driver problem or also a bios setting that affects the performance of the USB functionality.

In BIOS disable any setting related to EHCI and enable XHCI.

Disconnect one by one external devices to chack the 3d mouse performance. It might be also a USB port problem.

I remain at your disposal.

Botonis Botonakis
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

This is what I'm talking about, thank you. I honestly had not thought of trying changing bios settings, I will check my settings and see if I can get past the issue I've had. 

Thank you very much.

EHCI is the bios usb driver that overides during boot the OS driver. This is usefull for older OS...

XCHI enables the USB  3.0 support. 

Botonis Botonakis
Cdmeng
Contributor

Thank you both for the replies! I'm happy to report that navigation now works pretty smoothly. Unfortunately I'm not able to program the buttons. Sounds more like a 3-D connection problem with their driver. I'll try the external device disconnecting strategy and keep working on it.