Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

3D Hotspot

owen
Newcomer
Either a new tool or preferably just adding a switch to enable a Z height for Hotspots and the ability to see them in the 3D window.

All credit to GS it is becoming easier to actually model directly in the 3D window rather than switching between various 2D windows, but we are lacking some way of creating important reference/snap points in 3D as we can in 2D with the current Hotspot tool.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
3 REPLIES 3

I agree, 3D Hotspot can solve many problems especially 3D align Texture, representing SEO intersection points, also serving as 3D point when trying to indicate a center point for any arc/circle in 3D without repetitive help of locking/pinning snap guides/ guide lines.

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
Gino Hansen
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

What you are looking for already exists on BIMcomponents.com. A 3D Hotspot:

https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/14696 

AC 16- AC27
WIN 10 , Mac Studio OS 12.6

Thank you @Gino Hansen,

Very efficient to have like these developed addons, however no one mentioned that BIM Components has these addons, I thought it contains only furniture objects.

I wish If it can be added to the default Archicad library or merging its functionality into the exist Hotspot tool to be 3D design tool rather than only 2D documentation one.

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB