Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

AC27 wishlist

graan
Booster

Now that AC26 has almost arrived, perhaps we can already gather some wishes for AC27.
Again, wise to keep it short, and only name your top 3 with the highest priority.
Focus on what you want to contribute and don't react to what others submit worked well last time too.

107 REPLIES 107
lopezfigueroa
Enthusiast

Currently my wish is that one day we have a genuine Archicad user as CEO. Because I am sure that he would perfectly understand the feelings of the community.

Hi @ISA2428 I am quite curious to understand more about what you mean with point 1. Hyperlinks from Schedules and Autotext. Tell a bit more about what you want the outcome of this feature to be? What type of links do you want to see, maybe how you want them to display? 

You can already schedule external web links in a schedule through Property fields. You can also generate 3D element links to BIMx elements and schedule those. Maybe you mean something different & interesting. Let us know?

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Darwuhr
Enthusiast

I wish for better API documentation, examplaes and added API functionality as per this thread: https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/Better-Dev-documentation-and-tutorials/td-p/343192.

Hi Francois, I’d like to be able link text in a schedule to a website. For example, if there is a kitchen tap, which I typically list the specification for in a PC Item schedule, when I rip the layouts as a PDF I’d like to be able to click on the item and have it link to a webpage.

I'd rather not have to save as a BIMx- just save a PDF file straight from Publisher.

Ian

Perhaps I should also add, I'd like to hyperlink TEXT in a schedule to a product webpage, not have the URL even appear in the schedule. We use this feature in Dropbox Paper and other software. 

Yes Ian, you can already do that (with or without BIMx). You just need to paste the web link to a "Property field" under the "Classifications & Properties" panel of the "Element settings". From there you can call up the Property fields into your schedule. When you publish the PDF of the "Layout" with the schedule you will be able to click & open the external web links.

You can use any of the default Properties or if needed, create a new property for the link field in the Properties Manager and remember to link the Property to the relevant Classification for that Element type. 

Those web links are clickable even from the Layout in the BIMx file as well.

I hope this help you get it to work the way you describe.

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course

Aha now there is the foundation of your question.

No it's not possible to hyperlink TEXT from Archicad, in a schedule or any other drawing format because that will require some basic HTML coding and Archicad has no HTML capability.

The only way I know of to get hyperlink TEXT on a PDF is via Adobe Acrobat Pro to pyblish your PDF from Archicad with the text you want and then add the hyperlink in Adobe Acrobat Pro. I know this is not ideal because it would be a tedious task and in most cases not even viable.

So yes "hyperlink TEXT on PDF from Archicad" would be a valid wish / request and could definitely improve document quality.

Regards
Francois Swanepoel

PS: Ian, there might be another way via Python coding in Archicad to insert such text links, but don't take my word for it. It's just an idea and from what I've seen some clever guys do with Python in Archicad, it is a possibility to explore.

Regards
Francois Swanepoel

Thanks for taking the time to reply Francois- much appreciated. Yes, I should've mentioned I could already do that, but the long URLs are problematic. If they return on a line they don't work unless using BIMx. And even then it looks clunky and unprofessional. 

Yes, we got there in the end! Thanks for explaining why Archicad currently can't do what I'm after. Perhaps this is something GS can look at. I want Archicad to be the best and having spoken to quite a few colleagues this would be a useful feature.