BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Ability to protect my .PLN or .TPL files

Alison_007
Booster

Hi. Hope everyone is ok, wouldn't it be great if we had the option to protect our Archicad files, either by passwords, or a key that allows you to prove yourself as someone who is on the team or someone who has some approval.

STUDIO A5 Architect - AC 26 | Computer: |7-12700H | 16GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3060 | Windows 11 Pro.
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein

See the suggestion here:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Teamwork-BIMcloud/Any-way-to-protect-my-archicad-files/m-p/37684...

about using BIMCloud Basic (free/included) to restrict access within the same office.

Otherwise, this seems like a reasonable wish for protecting files that others might get access to.  This has been wished for several times over the years, but I can't find the old wishes at the moment...

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
4dProof
Advisor

maybe a work-around, but:
if you store the individual .pln or .tpl files in a separate folder, you can password protect entire folders on Mac and PC

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Learn and get certified!