Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Add ID to Edit Selection Set

DGSketcher
Legend

One aspect that I find frustrating about the Edit Selection Set options is it covers a lot of bases, but it doesn't include setting the Element ID. I kind of understand that in a rigid BIM environment where each element has its own ID, but I frequently build up elements of different types into an assembly and I would like all those elements to share the same ID so I can label any part of the assembly / group and know that the displayed ID will have the same reference. 

I know there are workarounds with Classifcations & Properties, but I like the simplicity and ease of just changing the IDs which does the job adequately.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

I know your wish is for the Edit Selection set, but just wanting to make sure you know the Element ID Manager can set the same or unique IDs to any selected elements and they can be different elements types.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry I didn't know that, I always use Element ID Manager in context of reassigning a series of IDs to common elements. I will look into how easy it is to apply. 

I still stand by my wish though, EIDM feels like a sledge hammer to crack a nut, whereas ESS feels like a natural home to change a common setting.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)