cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Add ability to equalise dimensions and automatically label them as equal.

Professor Pickle
Advocate

Sometimes we don't care about the exact dimensions but we care about spacing. We leave the actual measuring and placement of physical items up to the contractor. This happens, for example, with lighting. All I want to do is ensure that the items are spaced equally and I want to express this on my drawings.

It would be really useful if we could do this in ArchiCAD. I imagine the workflow to be a hybrid between the current dimension tool and the distribute tool.

1. use dynamic dimension tool to dimension a number of objects.
  2. Click a button in the interface labelled "Equalise Spacing" (or something to that effect).
  3. Dimensioned objects are automatically distributed at equal intervals and the dimension text changes from numeric representation of the distance between the objects to the string "EQ" (or equivalent).

For bonus points, make the objects maintain their equal spacing relationship so that moving one will redistribute all others connected by the same string of dimensions.

Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

1 REPLY 1