Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Additional option for dimensioning components of composites

LucaP
Enthusiast

I would love to see an option to select additional component layer in the Dimension Details panel in Dimension Settings. In my case Other component layer is what I'm interested in.

Right now we are able to select Outer Faces, Core Faces and Reference Lines in the Automatic dimension settings. This is great, especially in conjunction with Automatic dimensioning tool. However, I really need to be able to select Other layer faces as well as checkbox.

LucaP_0-1701619073279.png

No idea how difficult it might be to implement, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it would find it's way to one of the upcoming releases.

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

The dimensions will become quite unreadable if you choose to show 'Other', unless at a fairly large scale plan.

Just checking, but you do know you can manually dimension any skin by clicking on the end nodes.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry, thanks for for your reply.

Yes, I'm aware of the possibility to dimension any skin manually, but I'm looking for an option to use Automatic dimensioning tool to quickly dimension layers of composites by using this feature of the Automatic dimension settings.

In regards to readability I don't think that would be an issue. I'm planning to use it in scales larger than or equal to 1:50.

Besides, right now I'm talking about a situation where one would dimension for example 25cm Core, 15cm Insulation and 1,5cm plaster Finish. However, here's the catch, in my country we typically omit dimensioning finish layer when it refers to plaster. Therefore what I actually need is to quickly dimension outer layers of the Core skin and outer layers of the Other skins.

I'm not saying it's an essential wish but I'm pretty sure it's one that many users would find useful.

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!