BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Archicad Future, 27 Poll

bouhmidage
Advisor

Archicad 26 was released yesterday, personnally i'm disappointed of how Archicad is slowly developped in the last 4 years, the pandemic has it' effects on business for sure, but we expected more since earlier versions used to bring nice and cool features, 

I created this tread for users who have ideas, suggestions, propositions for the next release, we may express our thoughts, and give guidelines for development team, Graphisoft is listening, i'm sure, 

For me, the most important thing to in an urgent way is to stop this multilingual installers strategy, 

Archicad 26 is released, all the world can download it with a multilangual installer,  : 

1 - download and install in a preferred langue, 

2 - open Archicad using your template, or download a template from the website, almost of us migrate tempaltes from older versions, resellers template  are useful for new users, 

3 - libraries also can be dowloaded from website, this will help in 2 things : lignter installers, and libraries are accessible for everyone especially when user works for foreign companies, .

this way, development and bug fixes will be focused on 1 installer, not 10, 

----------------------------

Archicad strategy is to implement several disciplines, let's admit this, 

For users , Architects, engeneers, drafters, commands and disciplines should be seperated and organized in different way, so we don't feel abused with unecessary command, 

yes Archicad offer possibility to organise commands in the work environnment, but the saved commands layout will be a mess when upgrading to newt version wich contain new commands, 

why not,  from a buttons menu you can activate ad desactivate disciplines commands.

You said in the webinar, Focus on design, Archicad tools are really good and that's why we stick to Archicad , BUT aren't fully baked, workarounds and illogic solutions are always there to disturb the workflow, think about new users, workarounds make them feel uncomftable, saying, " this simple situation needs a workaround, whatabout complex ones ?? " 

each tool have major / minor things to update, tweak , to get a good design toolbox for daily work, 

to attract users, Archicad should easily be able to help designing a residentiel or midscale projects without workarounds, this kind of project is where users start exploring the software, if it fails, users will start searching around for alternatives, 

make the product a complete solution for architects, 

i think , Archicad 27 should be the " NO workarounds version "   ,make architects life easier, to focus on design , then you can go ahead for structural and MEP workflows, 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
227 REPLIES 227

That helps my confidence to know that you can back Barry up David.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Europe does have many people who can speak a few languages well including English. I still think that there has to be some very good reasons why many of the users here are feeling that they are not being heard by GS. What all those reasons actually are I don’t know. They will have to tell us why.

Barry wrote: “Have you never wondered why all of the online launches, web events, youtube videos, learning tutorials, even this community, is all English language?”

Probably to reach the English speaking world with the Archicad product that many of us now use instead of just considering the USA CAD products solutions only ?

Nope - not at all!

Hungarian is a fearsomely difficult language, and I'm told one of the most difficult to learn. It's a Uralic language, and has a lot in common with Estonian and Finnish.

I don't know if you have seen this:

2a5bb98997990275497fffd6e9b4906d

Apparently Hungarian is a bit like this...

Consequently Hungarians (like Finns) tend to speak very good English, which is probably a very simple language to them 😀

Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey
mthd
Ace

Cool resource and very interesting. I guess if you can write GDL script (Hungarian) then node based object manipulation (English) must be a sinch ? 

Everybody in Graphisoft speaks English, it is absolutely necessary. No need for translation. 😀

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Yes, Hungarian is like Finnish in that regard, you have to learn like dozens of conjugations for verbs, for example.

But learning another language is always a lot of work, no matter how hard your mother tongue is. Revit users expect Archicad to work the way Revit does? When one learns another language, this same expectation can be observed, we expect the other language to be put together like our own, which in many cases causes very funny situations.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

“In linguistics, conjugation (/ˌkɒnʊˈɡʃən/[1][2]) is the creation of derived forms of a verbfrom its principal parts by inflection (alteration of form according to rules of grammar). For instance, the verb break can be conjugated to form the words break, breaks, broke, broken and breaking.”

So then if Archicad doesn’t work like other CAD as expected, it doesn’t mean that’s it broken, it’s just different. 

cocoloco
Advocate

Please please please THIS: Preserve photo quality and colors saved into pdf

Big big issue! Archicad layout looks beautiful until it save it into pdf, then all photos turn really low quality and darker. It is unacceptable. Layouts are made for presentations so the quality and colors shall be preserved. 😭😭😭

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
Learn and get certified!