Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Attributes selection floating palette

bouhmidage
Advisor

Hi

i can say this is the work user experience with Archicad since i had started using it, 

i wonder why the attributes floating window is that tiny !!!!!!!!

imagine how it's stressing to scroll to find an attribute in a list of 300 items 

This shoud be fixed as soon as possible, bring back thhe old floating palette please 

Extra small.png

my proposal.jpg

This shoud be applied and unified for all attributes floating paetts : 

* layers

* Pens

* Hatches

* lines

* Building materials

* Composites

* Complex profiles

* Zones

When i open the floating palette i have to see the same design each time, don't le designers be confused, let them FOCUS ON DESIGN.

Extra small.pngmy proposal.jpg
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
12 REPLIES 12

I brought it up here a couple of weeks ago. It's a big downgrade from the old picker.

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Surface-Picker/m-p/345264/highlight/true#M160501

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Eduardo Rolon

Reported as a Bug during the Beta too.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Mjules
Mentor

Because of all of these downgrades, I am still working on Archicad 25. I'll be waiting for fundamental improvements in Archicad 26 before I can start working on it. It seems that developers are looking for a look, some features, or interface found in Revit when they choose to reduce the contextual menu in Archicad 26. I hope this is about speculation from my part, but not the path they are following now actually.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein

This utterly stupid downgrade seems proof that nobody at Graphisoft actually uses Archicad any longer.

These kinds of failings are inexcusable, although no doubt some product manager will offer us an excuse.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

By the way, there have been no excuse press release so far about these mistakes in Archicad 26. 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
bouhmidage
Advisor

To continue in the same idea of interface problmes, 

the infozone palette , where we spend a lot of time, is a waste of space in screen, 

here you can see the default info zone, next to it my infozone, reorganized according to my needs, and on the right , a proposal for that palette to minimize space, anc make it compact and less messy, 

Information zone redesignedInformation zone redesigned

here are all infozones from my working environment, i tried to keep paramaters in the same place for all tools, 

i think programmers should think about reorganizing the default WE , beacause it's not appealing, and hide a lot of tools, 

Also, for all tools, it would be better to keep the button in the same place for all of the tools, even if it(s not available ( greyed out ) 

Information zone of all my toolsInformation zone of all my tools

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects

Current excuse is. "There are some users that requested that…"

and like SAF/SAM no matter how many polls we make in GDCP, LinkedIn, FB, here we can't never find any.

-users love ParaMo

-users love SAF/SAM

-users love the space between Project Map and View Map

-users love the New AttMan

-…

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

In terms of statistics on the points you listed above, only Graphisoft could be able to give the real figures of both satisfied and dissatisfied users.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Eduardo Rolon

Based on this article:

https://gfxspeak.com/2022/07/21/archicad-project-management/

You are wrong…

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator