BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Automatic Name and ID for Folder Items

Even though folders remain underdeveloped with their true management potential unrealised there are still seemingly small things that could be done to make folders at least useful for organising. 

One of these is the ability to set folder level rules for automatic name and ID for items. As per usual the value of this is already acknowledge by someone somewhere but inconsistently implemented. It is quite ridiculous to have such functionality already implemented but still having to manually rename items to indicate their place in the structure. 

Combine the naming function implemented for publisher sets and the identification function implemented for layout subsets and make it consistently implemented for every and all folders/groups structures in AC.

Not only would it make it easy for users to organise the project as they see fit but together with improvements to the search syntax it would not take more than a few keystrokes to get to an item.

3 REPLIES 3
4hotshoes
Advisor

I assume you are referring to folders for attributes? So folder IDs should work like the sheet numbering and drawing placement in layout? I would hope that sub folders are allowed. But I don’t know if they are as I still work in AC25.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

It would be nice if Apple would also adopt such a system for the Finder as it is actually not that easy to "find" things and sort through it.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Learn and get certified!