Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Consistent Scalable Graphic 2D Elements

4hotshoes
Advisor

I am just modifying my office template and noticed that the Story Level Marker has several settings set to fixed "modelspace" units (inches, mm) while several other settings are set to scalable point size. This mix really screws up any attempt at achieving a standard "look". We often use the same Marker settings for sections drawn at 1/8" scale or 1/4" scale. But they look wonky when changing scale. I really don't want to have to create a separate favorite just for the Story Setting Marker. Could GS please make all 2D markers consistently sized with the point system rather than mixing it?

This is also a problem with the Dimension tool and the gap of the extension line at the element being dimensioned! Please correct that to be set by a scalable point size and not "modelspace" units. It is just a dumb oversight by GS to have not done this decades ago. Autocad does it. BIM is not smart if there is still dumb stuff like this lingering from the past. It would be a very easy programing fix that will add credibility for users converting from Revit or Autocad.

I am sure there are other odd places this scalable point system should be implemented. Please do an audit and make the corrections for ALL scalable 2D graphic elements.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
2 REPLIES 2
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hello, 

Thank you for the detailed explanation of your wish!
I have entered a wish to our idea database. You can refer to it as WISH-12778 in the future. 

I hope we see this implemented as soon as possible!

Best regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

Thank you for the response! It is nice to get a response from GS! Would you be willing to post the specific wish as worded in the idea database? There are technical three mentioned: Elevation targets, Dimensions, and overall audit of 2D graphics. 

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)