Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Cut views in paper space when export to dwg

alemanda
Advocate
In AC12 the option "Crop views in layout" when exporting to dwg worked perfectly. What you placed into the layout in archicad was really cropped with the shape of the layout into dwg.
From AC13 to today this options does not work so good.
If you go to model space (autocad) you see that the items are not cropped at all. In fact it seems that the translator doesn't crop anything but just consider all the items contained in the placed view ...
Hope it is clear.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
2 REPLIES 2
Casper
Contributor
I'm having the same problem in AC 24. In my layout views there are sketches floating around the paper dimensions, consisting of lines, pieces of text and some cropped drawings. When publishing a PDF, the layout is cropped to the dimensions of its master layout correctly. However, this does not happen when publishing to DWG using a DWG translator. It's crucial for me that the published documents, in PDF and DWG, are identical.

I'm using the standard '03 For as is output' translator and tried all available 'Save Layout into:' options.

I was wondering if there is a setting I'm looking over. If not, this problem would be a wish to be solved.
AC26 - Apple M1 pro
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I don't think you overlooked any settings.

Apparently, Archicad saves the whole model into DWG Model Space so those crops you do to Drawings on Layout do not affect the DWG Model space elements.

So this would be one for the wishlist.

If you do make a wish, please post its link in this thread.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27