cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Debugger - Breakpoint

Frank Beister
Advisor
There has to be a 'true' value to activate a BREAKPOINT. It can be any value.

It would be helpful to display this value (e.g. in the debuggers window headline), followed by the line number and and additional with number of run-throughs at this point. In large scripts or long loops this would be very helpful to keep the overview.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
3 REPLIES 3
Aussie John
Newcomer
yes the scripts have become more complex but the tools have never changed from the first days. Of course there arent any tools
Yes give us some debugging tools
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
gerd
Newcomer
Yes give us some debugging tools
And tell us, how to use them
- tutorials
- gdl book
- help files
- and all in differnt languages

ok, I know, my wishes are toooo big
Paul King
Mentor
Even a stepwise debug mode - as object renders in 2D & 3D views, the appropriate line of script is highlighted in the GDL script editing window. User hits <space> to move to next line (or jump to subroutine) and sees updated values for all variables listed to one side for that step & so can track with great accuracy where a script fails
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop