BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Dimension tool units

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why after so many revisions and new versions does this tool still not work properly! There is a subscript box that you can put units (ie mm) in but this NEVER works on the measured value but only if you click on custom and put it in the subscript box there.

Even then I think this is perhaps the wrong approach why not have a switch that allows you to turn on / off the prefered units on all or selected dimensions still with the option to enter a custom value / subscript.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
I would REALLY like to have dimension favorites where a set of dimensions can keep its units; not to have it as a global setting. Or, keep it global, but setting it for a part of the dimensioning set.
I think we have established that being able to automatically dimension with units (whether mm, m or feet etc) is a basic requirement, as to whether as you say it is global or with sets is another matter.

Essentially we ALL have different requirements and use ArchiCAD in different ways so flexibility is the key. Different sets of dimensioning units should be available if required BUT NOT at the expense of ArchiCAD getting loaded down with more menus etc. It has over the last few years really bulked out as a program and I would certainly like to see some slimming down and simplification. Sorry this is a different subject but one that needs to be looked at.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The general topic of Dimension settings and standards was extensively discussed at:

Dimension "standards" added to display options

It may be best to reinvigorate this topic by adding comments there.
Aussie John
Newcomer
CADSOK wrote:
Why after so many revisions and new versions does this tool still not work properly! There is a subscript box that you can put units (ie mm) in but this NEVER works on the measured value but only if you click on custom and put it in the subscript box there.
Absolutely- another GS implementation that looks good on the surface but is unusable in practise.
I want my dimensions to be associative regardless of any superscript or other note appended to it. Why have the superscript box there if you cant use it.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Learn and get certified!