BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Edit Transmittal Sets

4dProof
Advisor

can we please have some means of editing/updating closed and burried transmittal sets without deleting all the sets that followed?
It doesn't come up often, but when it does, my clients are always frustrated at the amount of work they have to do to fix an error, mistake, or omission from a few weeks back

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
4 REPLIES 4
runxel
Legend

But isn't that exactly the point? To acknowledge errors and then issue a new transmittal?

Also the drawings might not really match anymore, so "correcting" the error will just lead to confusion, no? Since a "newer" (by index) plan would show an whats now older status.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

not everyone issues a transmittal set and sends it right away. AC, one of the most flexible bim authoring tools has decided in this one feature to restrict how people can use it. And I don't see a need to.
I have personally run into a situation where a permit/plans review comment was picked, but a CD revision was issued after the permit revision. A new permit correction was not necessary for the small change made, but we did have to send the new page to the plans examiner. I had to delete the contractors issue, edit the date for the permit revision, and rebuild the construction doc revision.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Eduardo Rolon

The point is correct but "in practice" it is not.

In my transmittals I always use a custom line for Date since the "official" release date might be before or after the actual date or as in this case no day is needed.

EduardoRolon_0-1712176345031.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

figge
Contributor

In addition...also to allow for issuing part of transmittal set instead of deleting all drawings included in set, close book, issue drawings and create new issue and add remaining drawings to be left as WIP. Very cumbersome when you're working on large projects and only need to issue a few drawings while leaving the rest as WIP.

W10 Pro | ArchiCAD 27 5003 AUS FULL | Twinmotion
Learn and get certified!