cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Feature request: "Copy" of RGB values

NateLumen
Booster

In pen sets and surfaces and probably elsewhere, I can select colors using the RGB (or other) sliders. If I want to copy that color code to a different surface or pen, I have to write it down somewhere and then reenter it for the new pen/surface. The copy/paste function doesn't work in these dialog boxes. Wouldn't it be great to be able to copy and paste these codes? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 2.32.47 PM.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Hi @NateLumen ,

I think this is a bug of the type of "sheesh, we forgot to allow shortcut keys in that field".... because right-mouse clicking on the RGB code for one pen WILL copy the code and right-mousing in the target RGB field of another pen WILL paste it.  So, that is the workaround for the moment.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 8.38.07 PM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

I am not a Mac user, but can't you save your 'custom' colour settings to the 20 custom colours at the bottom of the dialogue for use when you need to choose a colour next time?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Hi @NateLumen ,

I think this is a bug of the type of "sheesh, we forgot to allow shortcut keys in that field".... because right-mouse clicking on the RGB code for one pen WILL copy the code and right-mousing in the target RGB field of another pen WILL paste it.  So, that is the workaround for the moment.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 8.38.07 PM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Hi @Karl Ottenstein,

Oh, great. I didn't even think to try a right click. That just about fixes it for me.

Thanks,

Nate