Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Graphic Overrides - Line Category based

squall_tmo
Booster

Hi!

In Archicad we can't control the representation of every line in a custom way and this may cause problems in the representation (especially in sections):

Schermata 2021-10-01 alle 11.01.21.pngSchermata 2021-10-01 alle 11.08.17.png

This kind of errors may be probably managed by just giving the possibility to override lines by category (like we can do for fills).

Secondly (less useful...but anyway good in my opinion), according to the pictures above, it would be nice to give the "overall intersection priority" to roofs instead of walls.

Many thanks for your attention and work!

10 REPLIES 10
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

I have received the confirmation from our developers: 

Overlapping skin-end and skin-separator lines behave differently in floorplan wall junctions and sections. In the former situation, skin separators win, while in the latter, there are other complex rules. But what's important in this case is that thicker lines win.

As far as I know, this is a complex design issue even if we only consider the use cases and compatibility in one of the view types. The only workaround, which has been mentioned already, is to use the same thickness/same color lines for the different settings, but we understand that this is not the desired option. 

For further development, please refer to it as DEF-6689. 

I hope that it will explain the situation here. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your understanding! Feel free to ask if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT