BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Graphical Improvements to lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lines which have square ends and the ability to show a line thickening left or right of the origin (see Informatix' MicroGDS method of doing this). At the moment we feel that this is ArchiCAD's biggest flaw. A much more presentable drawing could be produced with line thickening options.
22 REPLIES 22
Rick Thompson
Expert
Geoff wrote:
May I add my line improvement wish. That dashes share a common origin so superimposed dashed lines of the same type look like a single dashed line instead of a longer dash or solid line.

This is a great wish, and hard to believe it is necessary. I normally show the roof (valleys and ridges) on the floor below so the bearing points are easily known, but more often than not it is confusing as they turn into solid lines.

Maybe I am missing the desire here for "Yes back-lining is the reason hand drawn plans have so much more style", but that is doable, not the square edges, but "snapping out" the walls is a manner of setting the composites that way... is that what you are after (less the square ends?) see attachment.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Radiused line ends (from the days of pens?) make details look muddy when compared to Autocad-originated detail sheets. I am trying to push for an Archicad takeover, we need to look better than those guys!

Can ArchiCad corners, and thick line ends please have the option of squaring off? So that an arrow drawn with a super fat pen (ie. 5mm) will show as a nice, square, graphic element?

A
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
__archiben
Booster
and back-lining, etc . . . .

more here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=6449&highlight=backlining#6449
into which this thread should be amalgamated . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!