BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Have the 2d plan view reflect SEOs made to 3d objects.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Example: Create a 3D object, such as a rafter. Trim it to a roof using a boolean operation (SEO). The 2d plan view does not show it as trimmed. Apparently, this applies to all Solid Element Operations.

I've posted about this issue here..

This seems like a BIG omission, a bug even.

--------------
keywords: SEO S.E.O. trim trims floor plan
22 REPLIES 22
Barry Kelly
Things are slowly improving.
We now have shells, roofs and morphs that can show SEO in plan.

If you use the "New 3D Document From Floor Plan" option (right click on plan view) you will get a true top down 3D view that shows SEO on all elements.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
jferreira
Newcomer
Agree
Anonymous
Not applicable
yep, everything takes time, it's just a matter of priority.

adding extra/bonus features is okay, fixing the fundamentals is GREAT,
and usually there are cheaper or better alternatives for those extra features on other software, that are already made specifically for those features.(the morph calculation on cut plane is better done in, for example, rh*no + grasshopper, which i used a lot)

and i haven't do a research yet nor dig through the whole forum, but i'd like to ask, how many of us prefer/ask for the 'morph and shell features' above the 'fix the S.E.O. representation on plan'? *just curious

i don't know / don't want to know either, about the base programming / system of archicad.
all i want to is a wall not to be present in a floor plan after i S.E.O.ed it and so on, just as simple as that.
Learn and get certified!