Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Hide tangential edge lines on general geometries of elements

nejcek74
Contributor
as I was discussing in thread:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=315362#p315362

beams are presented wrong in elevations and 3D. There is always additional line between straight and curved surfaces (even with proper fillet), and there is no line betwen two curved surfaces (even when they make sharp corner).
It would be nice to have this done right.
Archicad 22 on OS X 10.11.6
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Minh.
Minh wrote:
This was my wish when I did my diploma as well! What I did in the end was to use bunch of white fills in the end to cover those extra lines
For anyone who may be in this situation, a good workaround is to use the RHS Cold-Formed Beam Object. From the Archicad Standard Library, instead of a regular Beam Tool.
DGSketcher
Legend

For anyone still following this thread I just had the same RHS beam problem. I wanted to use the Beam Tool segmenting so the library beam object wasn't an option. My solution was to change the side walls from a straight line to an arc with a tiny +/-0.1mm deflection ( in my case equal to an arc radius of 80.0m converting a 250mm line). Even though there is theoretically a potential transition line it would appear in AC26 the arc to arc connection is ignored. I don't know what the limits are before AC starts generating lines again but this may help some with their presentation issues.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
MSDC
Contributor

Would be great if there was an update to this soon, using fills to mask lines isn't really a solution.