Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Identical DWG and PDF publishing

Casper
Contributor

The same problem I had back two years ago, but never made an actual wish out of it. https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes/Cut-views-in-paper-space-when-export-to-dwg/m-p/264655#M1...

Problem:

Some colleagues place annotations around the layouts, like small to-do list for example. We don't want these to be exported and send to our clients or subcontractors. But since these don't show up on the PDFs they are in the assumption that they are neither in the DWG.

Wish:

The wish is to have a translator that produces DWGs from layouts that are identical to the PDFs produced from those layouts. So in the paperspace the DWG is cropped to the size of the layout; if a view placed on the layout is partly outside the layout, only the part of the view that's overlapping the layout should be exported. But also for the modelspace we would like views to be cropped to the same crop as on the layout.

AC26 - Apple M1 pro
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Just to be sure: if you look at translator settings and have "save options" set with "Save layout into" "Paper Space with Cropped View's content" you still end up with the things outside the crop?

ErwinEdel_0-1687358274819.png

I don't think that is supposed to happen.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Casper
Contributor

Yes, those are the settings I use. So it does not crop the content exported to the DWG paper space to the actual layout.

AC26 - Apple M1 pro
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

As a workaround maybe you can hide the layer of the text outside the layout (put it on a layer that can be hidden) before exporting to DWG.

I would still argue that things outside the boundaries of the layout, should not export, so it sounds like a bug.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5