cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Importing 20-20 Catalog Data

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a residential architectural firm that also designs kitchens and bathrooms, we would like to be able to use 20-20 cabinet and appliance data directly in ArchiCAD. We do not want to use a second cad program for the kitchen and bath design. It just seems to make sense to have a single repository for design data.

While we can successfully model and document the cabinetry in ArchiCAD, we also have to create a separate spreadsheet in Excel that is not dynamically linked to the model data. This format obviously requires human coordination, which is prone to error.

I am not sure how many ArchiCAD users also use 20-20. And, I am also not a software code expert and do not understand the technical implications in such a request. Therefore, if this wish is outlandish or not popular with the masses, please excuse the suggestion.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
jfa_ra wrote:
While we can successfully model and document the cabinetry in ArchiCAD, we also have to create a separate spreadsheet in Excel that is not dynamically linked to the model data. This format obviously requires human coordination, which is prone to error.
Your post is pretty vague. Why do you need a separate Excel spreadsheet? Can you give an example of the data that you are trying to link? Presumably property objects would do what you need.

I've not heard of 20-20 before, so just googled:
http://www.2020technologies.com/Products.aspx?id=2130&menu_id=52

Maybe you could fill the rest of us in on this more since the web site is less than obvious to me.... is this 2d or 3d data on commercially available brand stuff, or what? Given the stuff you are using, what software it is compatible with at the moment?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Based upon my limited understanding of the program, 20-20 is basically a three-dimensional, parametric kitchen design program. The key component is that most of the major cabinet and appliance manufacturers provide product specific data files for their respective products. For instance, Subzero provides the data to illustrate and specify their products. Most of the major cabinet manufacturers also provide the data files for designing and specifying their products. It seems that 20-20 is the defacto standard used by kitchen designers.

It just seems redundant to use a second cad application for the kitchen portion of the work. Based upon my very limited understanding of the application, it would seem convenient for ArchiCAD to be able to read the 20-20 data files. Maybe in the future, when ArchiCAD is the BIM standard, the manufacturers will write GDS objects as well.

Hello Karl, 

In 2020 software design you can upload the manufacture catalogue and work with it. So you know what's available in the market, instead of searching each cabinet. is that possible in archicad?

Thank you, 

Evelin