BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Layer tree structure

henryL
Enthusiast

Hi 

i think the new archicad 26 layer folder organization is  just overcomplicated. It is not a real organization but jus a filter based on the parent folder and it cannot offer a granular control over the elements ( i cannot see the full tree but i have to search by name, an then move to the folder by right click in the search result). Why it have to be so complicated? Why two sub windows ? Is it possible to have a real layer tree organization like other softwares? Does the developer have ever look at the object palette in cinema4d  or rhino ? Please users and developers (if any ) see the attached image and  share your opinion. 

Immagine 2023-05-05 081935.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend

You're not suggesting GS follow well established standard data management interface systems are you? 😉

IIRC it was there in the initial options, but someone must have decided it was too complex to code.  

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Gabor Almasi
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Henry,
Thanks for pointing this out. We are already working on a UI where the folder structures and the attributes can be handled in a more intuitive way. It is also mentioned on our Roadmap: https://graphisoft.com/product-roadmap/in-progress.

Stay tuned,

Gabor

Gabor Almasi
Senior Product Manager
GRAPHISOFT
henryL
Enthusiast

Thanks Gabor, sometimes i forgot that layers are attributes. 

Learn and get certified!