BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Linked Stories

Olnei
Contributor

Anyone else would like to have a chance to link the content of an Story to one or more other Stories

just like we can link faces of walls or slabs etc...TEMP.jpg 

Modules are ok, but we would not have to update all single change, and design decisions would be much better.

Think of having 2 or 3 stories to be linked to several others, I wish I could use Module for an apartment but not for the whole Story.

6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

@Olnei wrote:

I wish I could use Module for an apartment but not for the whole Story.

Of course you can.

Just select and save the apartment as a module.

A module can be anything.

It doesn't have to be a whole storey.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry thanks for join this wish topic, I do use the module the way you mentioned.

I actually use module for the bathroom, then module for the apartment unit, then module for the story, and sometimes (rarely) for the building block , what I want is to reduce  part of the process, and still have more chances to play with different scenarios for the facade. 

This tool would allow us to try several combinations of facades with few clicks, instead insertion of different modules. I think this is possible to do with Grasshoper Connection.

Thanks again!

@Olnei wrote:

This tool would allow us to try several combinations of facades with few clicks, instead insertion of different modules.

That can be done now with renovation filters.

Set up a filter for each facade, model the elements and set them to show only when that particular renovation filter is active.

It is not perfect, but it does work.

There is a new 'Design Options' workflow being worked on that will hopefully make it to 27.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

Other than the module wish at the end, would you be able to explain a bit more about what you mean by "linking content to one or more storeys"?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Hi Lingwisyer !

My wish is to be able to choose one story ( let´s call it Master Story 1) and lock it with others and after this point, every single change will automatically change all the stories associated with Master Story 1, (no insertions, change or updates needed) then pick another Story (Master Story 2) lock it with other stories. and so on... the goal is to have a quick change of associations and a faster evaluation of possibilities.  Thanks. 

temp2.png

Master Storeys for modelling elements? Basically the Iceberg hotlink method, if we had the Inplace Editing of Hotlinks wish that has been around for a great many years...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!