BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Live View with Detail Marker with Area of View Mask

gdford
Advisor

It would be amazing if the Detail Marker had a LIVE view option where it could operate like the section marker and elevation markers. It would also be nice it it had a mask similar to the elevation markers so the area of view could be defined. 

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein

Agree, auto-update option for details would be nice.  I'm trying to understand the mask request... vs the bounding rectangle that defines the detail? Or... using the pet palette to re-shape the default rectangle into whatever shape you want to capture the detail area?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
DGSketcher
Legend

I think Live Details is somewhere in the many wishes we are waiting for...

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
gdford
Advisor

yes - I know it has been wished for by many including myself. 
Just trying to keep the ball rolling...

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Well - yes it would be nice if the bounding rectangle of the marker defined the area of the mask so the live detail was cut out in the same way the static details are cut... I just assumed it would be easier to implement  in a more manual way.  I don't really care how the mask is implemented as long as it has one and it is adjustable. I think version 27 would be a good time to release this improvement.

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
scottjm
Advisor

This is an absolutely essential feature. The elements should be the native element, (like in a section/elevation not just a 2D exploded that was constantly updating). So then you can label the elements. 

We would use this all day everyday for 1:50 individual room layouts. The current worksheet workflow for room layouts is ridiculously painful and frustration. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
J_Tucks
Booster

You'll find this in the wishlist a few times but not on the roadmap. Not sure Graphisoft agree with us on this one.

ARCHICAD 25 - Mac OS Monterey - MacBook Pro 2.3Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16gb DDR3
gdford
Advisor

I noticed this was not listed on the roadmap - but the roadmap appeared to be out-of-date.
I always hope for updates that help me do my job, rather than updates that make a good sale pitch but then peter-out into nothing of substance in my day-to-day practice.

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Geoff Briggs
Mentor

This wish has been around as long as the Detail and Worksheet tools. It was commonly called Live Worksheet in the past. I know from prior conversations with folks at Graphisoft that they are well aware of the value of this feature (or set of features) and its long history as a crowd favorite. That it is NOT on the roadmap is a mystery. To me this development is in the top 5 overall.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Learn and get certified!