Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Marquee Tool Improvement

Dwight
Newcomer
Mr Badcock suggested that the marquee should be filtered- selective in the elements it operates on, not just all of them..... say what?

Please list some other marquee suggestions...
Dwight Atkinson
11 REPLIES 11
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Karl wrote:
Dwight wrote:
Mr Badcock suggested that the marquee should be filtered- selective in the elements it operates on, not just all of them..... say what?
James,

To understand your wish better... let's look at the workaround, since you mentioned it relative to stretching and wanting to stretch slabs only. Right now, you can do a number of things such as'

(1) turn all except slabs off, then stretch, or

(2) use Find & Select to select all inside the marquee, lock these elements [Tools menu, but via shortcut key for speed presumably], change F&S to select just slabs inside the marquee (or use slab tool to select all slabs), unlock them, then stretch. Finally, Tools | Unlock All, or

(3) use layer locks (possibly part of layer combos) to prevent elements on certain layers from being affected

Visibility and locking provide such general power, that I wonder (honestly) what shortcuts there could be to provide filtered stretching ... or what other uses you (and others) my envision for a filtered marquee.

I suppose I would find it easier if the stretch command would just honor a selection within the marquee ... so that if some elements are selected, then only they will be stretched. Eliminates locking, and makes the whole thing visual... and we could either select manually, or with the aid of F&S.

Hmmm.

Karl
Karl, all of those suggestions seem fairly convoluted and labour intensive. When all you want to do is stretch the slabs within the marquee. But I see you're point. It's not like it's impossible to do, there are ways to do it just more difficult.

And depending on how much people would use filtering or need it for that matter, maybe it's not warrented. Though for myself with master planning and urban design, I would find it invaluable. That and filtering in the selection tool as well - most 3d programmes I've used have some sort of filtering with selections (more than just find and select).
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Dwight
Newcomer
you must admit that locking elements is pretty far along on the filtering idea....
Dwight Atkinson