cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

More 3D proper plants and vegetation for more dynamic presentation

nitizz
Booster

Wish to have more proper trees and vegetation in 3D to make proper 3D presentation (i.e in BimX)
-Tropical Trees
-Boulders/Rocks

-Plants

-Textures

AC27 INT FULL

27-inch 2019 iMac Retina 5K 10.14.6 macOS Mojave

3.6 GHz Core I9 Radeon Pro 580X 8GB

www.rethinkstudio.mu
4 REPLIES 4
Govin eric
Contributor

and fixe the issue with it no showing in sections/elevations. At the present, the object only show properly in 3D and plan, but the are only represented as a white square in elevations or sections (something with .png not working?). It means doubling the work which is 100% against BIM philosophy and Archicad basic architecture.

@Govin eric wrote:

and fixe the issue with it no showing in sections/elevations. At the present, the object only show properly in 3D and plan, but the are only represented as a white square in elevations or sections (something with .png not working?). It means doubling the work which is 100% against BIM philosophy and Archicad basic architecture.

100% agreed!

AC27 INT FULL

27-inch 2019 iMac Retina 5K 10.14.6 macOS Mojave

3.6 GHz Core I9 Radeon Pro 580X 8GB

www.rethinkstudio.mu
4hotshoes
Advisor

About a hundred years ago, McNeal & Assoc., the makers of Rhino 3D, developed a Ray-Trace renderer for Autocad. It was called Accu-Render. That product allowed you to insert trees and other vegetation with only a 3D polyline for the trunk and branches. You could adjust the size and season of the vegetation. The cool thing is that when you rendered the low-res stick trees, they would flesh out the trunk, branches, twigs, and leaves with amazing realistic 3D detail with the proper color of the season. I have yet to see anything like that today. And that was way back in 1996. It was speedy and kept the file small. Today's rendering programs will do this to a degree. But it would be great if those apps would supply a vast library of vegetation that could be inserted with low polygons of 3D poly lined and then converted to realistic when rendered. The Accurender trees were mathematically generated by fractal geometry.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

... at the simplest level add a conifer option for Tree Model Detailed 27 - to all the comments about features introduced yet often incomplete and then left behind... Adding some horticultural veracity to the model would help, ideally with native species for the various localizations...

Trees also relate to sustainability and nature's tempering of climate & shading, so ideally they could be integral in energy calculation results - no small feat it would seem...

Finally some of the better libraries I have seen are by ArchiRADAR, however they bundle the oddest groupings, mixing northern conifers with tropicals vs native bioregional species collections... They apparently only have capacity to add a species a year, so scaling up of libraries to be functionally complete may be impossible...

Cadimage also had an add on (Planting) with potential if costly to both maintain with annual upgrade fees soon abandoned and orphaned.

To me vegetation is as basic as walls and roofs and potentially helpful to the majority of customers...

tree 26.jpg

archiradar.jpg