cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Move folders in BIMcloud Basic manager

As BIMcloud Basic is file management system, must be an option to have "Move" function available for "Folders" same as for files. As Graphisoft is talking about management of several thousands of files in BIMcloud servers it could be big headache to manage folders with many files inside them. As I noticed this function is OFF in BIMcloud Basic - looks like basic function to me why not to turn it ON

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Boldizsar Vermes
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

@Algimantas Kuprenas, BIMcloud Basic isn't a file management system since it cannot manage files but Archicad Teamwork projects and their libraries only.

And there is another limitation of BIMcloud Basic, folders can be created only on the top level, in the project root, so you cannot create a folder inside another one. That's why moving a folder is not an option for BIMcloud Basic since the source and the target folder would be the same.

Boldizsár Vermes
Product Manager, BIMcloud

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Boldizsar Vermes
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

@Algimantas Kuprenas, BIMcloud Basic isn't a file management system since it cannot manage files but Archicad Teamwork projects and their libraries only.

And there is another limitation of BIMcloud Basic, folders can be created only on the top level, in the project root, so you cannot create a folder inside another one. That's why moving a folder is not an option for BIMcloud Basic since the source and the target folder would be the same.

Boldizsár Vermes
Product Manager, BIMcloud

Just recently noticed that there is no way to upload any files into BIMcloud basic via browser. Ok then it's not file management system - I'm wrong here. No files no management.

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33