cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Need 4 to 6 panel exterior sliding stacking door option

Carole
Contributor

Can Graphisoft PLEASE make an update to the door tool to allow for more than 3 panels on the sliding door!  I have needed this for years.  Almost every project I do, has the need for a 4, 5 or 6 panel glass sliding door.  They are SO common now.  When is that option going to be available?

I have tried ganging a 3-panel with a 2-panel, etc. which isn't realistic because they do not gang properly or appear correctly as stacking on each other when opened.  You have done multi panel with the bi-fold, why not the sliding?!!!

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 1.06.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-07 at 1.07.28 PM.png
12 REPLIES 12
GreenroomConsultants
Participant

I 100% agree. I am in the same boat and use multi slides of 4-6 operable panels on many of my projects and end up rigging up a less than ideal solution every time. I understand there are add-on tools but since this is in the wishlist forum I'd love to have AC add this to their internal library objects.

Right?!!! I am sitting here yet again today (2 years after posting this) trying to create sliding exterior pocket multi panel doors and am very frustrated that Archicad still does not provide better options.

Patrick M
Advisor

Cadswifts products are all amazing. Most of my clients use Cadimage. Their interface seems to be slow to pick up bugs and updates, but it's a very versatile solution that does what doors and windows (mostly) need to do.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2