cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Opening two (or more) objects' Settings at the same time

Georg_M
Contributor

It would be nice if I can open the Object Settings for two objects at the same time in different windows to compare all the properties and classifications!

Thanks, best greetings

4 REPLIES 4
Kamelite
Advocate

You can do that, just open another project in another arcichad, and have them share the screen...

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

Hi Kamelite, thanks for your message! But I've to tell you that I'm just using this method and believe me, you get crazy if you have a bigger project. It would be really nice opening two windows at the same moment and working with them at the same moment on the same project!

Georg M.

Karl Ottenstein

I strongly support this wish for seeing the Object Settings (really the settings for any element) for multiple elements at the same time - as you say for comparison/editing/etc.  Today, we have to take a screenshot of the dialog, then open the other element and compare to the screenshot, as the idea of opening the same project in multiple Archicads as @Kamelite suggests is just not realistic.

This really goes to a broader wish for all (or most) dialogs in Archicad becoming Modeless dialogs... that can stay on the screen and continue to operate and be updated with an Apply button... vs the current - and historical Modal ones (that you must OK out of to continue any work).  This dates back to Archicad's origins on now-ancient, slow, low-memory hardware.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Hi Karl, that's exactly what I want! Your description of my wish  for seeing the Object Settings for multiple elements at the same time is perfect. Sorry for my english, i'm working with an italian version so I don't know someteimes the right term!