Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Operator (or not) checkbox on multi-pane windows

Jeff Kogut
Booster
Please add a checkbox to enable/disable the operator line on individual panes on a multi-pane window.

I've mocked up an idea on how this could easily be done in the attachment. (The unchecked 'Operator' box shows what I would like to be able to do to the window in the preview area.)

If the window tool had a revamp with more universal window types there could even be a 4th column with a drop down to specify operator type - awning, hopper, left casement, right casement.
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
5 REPLIES 5
Lingwisyer
Guru
I have no idea what this "operator" line you are talking about is... A checkbox that does? The doors and windows included in the library vary depending on the version you are using. The AUS and INT libraries I believe are the same as each other, but they are different to the US library that I assume you are using.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Stress Co_
Advisor
I voted Important...
But in reality I'd vote essential to
a total overhaul of AC windows (and doors).
Make an out-of-the-box tool similar to Central Innovation's
D+W builder... only better.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Jeff Kogut
Booster
Hi Lingwisyer - I'm referring to some combinations of windows, such as the awning shown in the example, where I'd like to turn off the operator line on the upper panel but leave it on for the lower panel. There isn't a stock combination for this setup. The alternate is to place a lower awning and upper fixed window and gang them together.

To be clear - the operator line is the dashed line in the example showing which window opens and which direction.

Another odd combo is the triple sash casement with transom operators, not something I've seen in the US.
See attached.

Stress Co. - I agree!
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
Lingwisyer
Guru
Ah. So in the US library, each panel does not have it's own opening options? Not the first time I have heard the US library having reduced functionality... I sometimes wonder why the US door and window library does not adapt more of the international one.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
This could be a version 21, 22 thing or it could be the old USA, AUS, INT library differences.

I just looked in version 22 AUS library.
We do not have the triple transom window that you show, but we do have the option to change the sash opening type for each sash.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11