Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Parameter for the Core of Composites

snow
Virtuoso
Hello all together,

Can someone tell me, why we don't have a paramter to show the (sum of) the core thickness of composites?

In last time I need such one so often… labeling… scheduling…
Archicad For Future
______________________________________

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10
8 REPLIES 8
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Interesting question.

Can't say I've ever missed it, but I could see it be useful nonetheless. Would definetly vote for a wish if you made one.

I checked if you could set Partial Structure Display for schedules (to show Core of Load Bearing Elements only), but this is not possible.

As a workaround: we use component schedules a lot for quantity take off using building materials. You could set up parameters to exclude building materials that are not used for Core (or only include certain building materials). You can show the width of skin thickness. If the core is made up of multiple parts, you would still have to add them up though.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
snow
Virtuoso
Erwin wrote:
…Would definetly vote for a wish if you made one.
It is one – that's the reaso why I posted thie "question" here, ( even one can read it in another way)

Meanwhile i got to know component schedules…
… but I need just this number of 'core width' in different schedules and also in labels.
Archicad For Future
______________________________________

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10
Barry Kelly
Moderator
snow wrote:
Erwin wrote:
…Would definetly vote for a wish if you made one.
It is one – that's the reaso why I posted thie "question" here, ( even one can read it in another way)

You can edit your original post and add a poll so that everyone can vote on the wish.
That is what Erwin meant.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
snow
Virtuoso
Thank you for this hint.
At fact I thought until now users are not supposed, generally, to set a poll by themself... Some of the topics I created, got polls by "itself".

(I've found the option now... wondered why it seems that there is no template there...)
Archicad For Future
______________________________________

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10
Barry Kelly
Moderator
snow wrote:
At fact I thought until now users are not supposed, generally, to set a poll by themself... Some of the topics I created, got polls by "itself".

Maybe it depends on the section that you post the wish in?
I am not sure.
'Construction Wishes' seems to automatically create a poll.
There are some sections (i.e. not in the wishes sections) where polls are not able to be added.

snow wrote:
(I've found the option now... wondered why it seems that there is no template there...)

If it is not automatically generated (for example the wish you made in 'Construction Wishes') then unfortunately you have to add your own questions.


Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
snow wrote:
Thank you for this hint.
At fact I thought until now users are not supposed, generally, to set a poll by themself... Some of the topics I created, got polls by "itself".

(I've found the option now... wondered why it seems that there is no template there...)

I usually create the polls if they are not created by the original poster.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
snow
Virtuoso
LaszloNagy wrote:
I usually create the polls if they are not created by the original poster.
So this secret is revealed now.

And back to the topic... I add two tangible examples for the use of this parameter:
  • I want to show in a label the thickness of the bearing core of a composite-slab in a ground floor plan (currently even with the third partial structure display is active I can get only the total thickness...)
  • In a schedule with composite-walls I*d like to have also the thickness of the (bearing) core there... typical example: a plastered brickwork-wall
Archicad For Future
______________________________________

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this Wish into our Wish database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-1469)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future!
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT