cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Saved view orientation settings

LucaP
Enthusiast

I would really wish to have the ability to read the Saved View orientation angle (and perhaps zoom level) upon opening view settings.

Since you can save a view with a specific orientation it's really annoying that your only option to keep track of that setting is to uncheck "Ignore zoom and orientation when opening this view". One does not always need to refresh the orientation and zoom when opening a specific view so that option is great, but so far it's the ONLY option to know if the view is rotated.

Just recently I've noticed that you can in fact change a Saved view's orientation (even with orientation ignoring button checked). When you want to Apply current view settings to a saved view, but you have a rotated view it will also change it's orientation, but you don't have the ability to verify that until you get to the layouts and your placed views become totally disoriented (rotated based on the view's origin) on the layouts...

So my wish here is to implement additional setting in Saved views, just under zoom settings, with the info about Saved view's angle orientation, where one could choose an orientation (as you can in Quick palette), but also read the current saved view's orientation.

P.S. I've tried to search for a related wish but couldn't find one - only complaints about this behaviour.

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
0 REPLIES 0