Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Section/Elevation Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone

At present, the section/elevation tool is one that has greatly consistuted towards automating the whole 3D "drafting" experience. Well at least for me.

The line representing the cutting plane does not necessarily have to be a straight one. However, it would also be really helpful if the line representing the depth of view of the section/elevation (representing the horizontal range) can also be broken into segments, allowing the user to determine the depth of view at different areas?

Shawn
12 REPLIES 12
TomWaltz
Participant
Amen.
Tom Waltz
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Absolutely essential IMHO. It would also seem to me to not be that difficult to implement given that the section cut can already do it.
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Count me in! Essential!
Eduardo Rolon
Agreed
but also would like to wish for an extra distance area option, so that I can specify three levels on the elevations, (foreground, middle and background).
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Essential. I would add that the depth line be able to be set at an angle to the cut line as well. Very important if the distant area is not orthogonal to the cut.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
__archiben
Booster
absolutely.
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add on to my suggestion on the Section/Elevation tool's capabilities, it would be helpful if the individual segments of the "cutting plane" could also be rotatable.

At present, we are modeling an underground subway station which is somewhat curved. It's a terrible nightmare having to place 3 separate section lines and join them back together in the layouts.

Shawn
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shingo, you could use this kind of section, if it hlps.
odd section.gif
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Kliment

Thanks for your opinion. Unfortunately your suggestion does not help, as the section projection needs to be parallel with the particular segment of the "tube" which it is showing.

I drew a diagramatic illustration showing the situation.

Shawn