Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Selecting All Elements of a Certain Type

bsoule
Contributor

I wish there was an easy way to right click on an element and select all. Its too hard and takes to long to use the find tool.

9 REPLIES 9
runxel
Legend

Just select the corresponding tool (e.g. the Wall Tool) and hit cmd + A!

Literally that easy.

OR use the syringe, that way you get into a tool, too. Hardly takes me any time at all.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Hello,

Thank you. Yes, those do work, but I am not trying to select all walls or all labels. I, also, am not looking to recreate something or make something look like something I have already drawn. I am trying to delete a certain tag/label, but the selection tools are only selecting all of the labels with that same ID. The only thing is that the wall tag is made from the same label as the plumbing tag, but with a different shape. I want to delete the plumbing tag from my floor plans, but unable to select it independently from the wall tags.

Okay, understood. But that is a totally different situation than you've described before. 😀

Which label is it? I guess the "Autotext" one?

For that one you are right. I am not aware of a way to have a more finegrained selection "inside" this label (i.e. to select label with a certain autotext in them).

Imho a oversight. Good wish for AC 28 😛

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs |

I am sorry about that. I should have been a little more descriptive. Yeah, it is a plumbing label and when I select labels it selects all labels (walls, etc.). I wish there was a way to right click and then select similar so that it would only select the plumbing tags. Here's to hoping, but I am not confident they even hear us.

Since I have no "plumbing label" let me ask again:

Which label are you using? Is this an OOTB label, or a self-scripted label, or just the "autotext" label?

Because, if its not the the autotext label you can just select all the labels on their own, which would solve your issue.

I am not sure what type of label it is. It is linked to the ID like a wall label, but is for all of the plumbing fixtures. Selecting all of the labels individually is what I had to do and took forever, and I am sure I missed a few.

@bsoule wrote:

I wish there was a way to right click and then select similar so that it would only select the plumbing tags. Here's to hoping, but I am not confident they even hear us.

That is what Find & Select is for.

Select a tool and CTRL+A is way of selecting all of that type of element, but it does not differentiate specific properties.

Find & Select can do that.

You can get the properties from an element (label) you have selected.

You just have to choose what property or number of properties you want to use.

If you use the pick up or copy the settings buttons, F & S will automatically fill out the values of the criteria you choose.

It could be the layer, the object name, label type, font, the ID or a partial ID match.

You can save the search criteria so you don't have to pick it again

And you can export/import those search criteria between files (but obviously set them up in your template).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Lingwisyer_0-1692673376343.png

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Hello,

Thank you for this. The only problem is that label used it the same one used for the walls so it is selecting the plumbing tags and the wall tags. I haven't been able to find a property to select just the plumbing tags. They look different, but not the properties when I go into the settings.

bsoule_0-1692718537818.png

bsoule_1-1692718579920.pngbsoule_2-1692718592809.png