Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Stair/Railing surface override

Yvonne
Advocate
Would be useful to be able to override all the surfaces of a railing (and stair) like how you would in an object.

For example I use the railing tool to model a screen and all the components will be the same surface but I would need to go into each component to override it.
AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
6 REPLIES 6
Lingwisyer
Guru
Not only do you need to do each individually, they are in different menus too...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Very useful wish, I think it is essential.
Just like it is possible to override the Floor Plan Line Types and Pen of Railing, so it should be possible to override their Surface.

I think this wish also applies to the Curtain Wall tool as that is also a hierarchical tool just like the Stair and Railing tools.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
runxel
Legend
LaszloNagy wrote:
I think this wish also applies to the Curtain Wall tool as that is also a hierarchical tool just like the Stair and Railing tools.
Yes, very useful!
This also applies to beams and columns!
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #13046). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Minh, 

Are there any updates on this wish? 

AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

Minh no longer works for GS, hence the Alumni tag. You would be better off asking Benjamin Dani who appears to have take over the position.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660