Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Thickness to a mesh

Yvonne
Advocate
It would be good to be able to apply thickness to a mesh when modelling a slab with multiple levels... instead of having 2 meshes and doing a SEO to get the thickness
AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
12 REPLIES 12
Lingwisyer
Guru
Is that curving up at the back?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Stuart Smith
Booster
Agreed! This is a long-standing wish. All the way back to 2007!
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=19842
v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1
Dendarii
Booster
Yes please this would save so much time and frustration.

This would be used extensively in projects to model paths/driveways/terraces particularly if it could utilise Composites like floor types do (ie. one element with layer of stone paving, concrete structure, subgrade etc.)
Architect

Archicad user since 2001
Barry Kelly
Just to state the obvious - if it is a constant single slope you can of course just use a roof.

If there are multiple slopes involved, you can use a mesh and then convert it to roofs with the "Mesh to Roofs' add-on.
This is one of the 'Goodies' that you can download from the Graphisoft web site if you do not have it already.
Version 24 goodies can be downloaded from here ...

https://graphisoft.com/downloads/goodies

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry wrote:
Just to state the obvious - if it is a constant single slope you can of course just use a roof.

If there are multiple slopes involved, you can use a mesh and then convert it to roofs with the "Mesh to Roofs' add-on.
This is one of the 'Goodies' that you can download from the Graphisoft web site if you do not have it already.
Version 24 goodies can be downloaded from here ...

https://graphisoft.com/downloads/goodies

Barry.
it is insufficient, as you would have to recreate the mesh every time you want to make a modification.
Yvonne
Advocate
Dendarii wrote:
Yes please this would save so much time and frustration.

This would be used extensively in projects to model paths/driveways/terraces particularly if it could utilise Composites like floor types do (ie. one element with layer of stone paving, concrete structure, subgrade etc.)
Yes, that would be so helpful if we could use composites as well..
Barry Kelly
Israel wrote:
it is insufficient, as you would have to recreate the mesh every time you want to make a modification.

I agree.
But at least it is a possible solution.
Keep a copy of the original mesh, so if there are any alterations you can modify the mesh (keep a copy again) and then convert to roofs.

There was a GDL object created and posted here somewhere that looked rather interesting and seemed to work quite well.
I will see if I can find a link to the post.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
I think this is the latest version of it.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=70631&start=30#p316799

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Yvonne
Advocate
Barry wrote:
Israel wrote:

I agree.
But at least it is a possible solution.
Keep a copy of the original mesh, so if there are any alterations you can modify the mesh (keep a copy again) and then convert to roofs.

There was a GDL object created and posted here somewhere that looked rather interesting and seemed to work quite well.
I will see if I can find a link to the post.

Barry.

Is it possible to drop spot levels on it?