cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Tool Dialog Box Editing Improvement

Marc H
Advisor

This may be a less exciting wish than many others, but I believe everyone could benefit from resolving these field input/editing nuisances: 

a). Grey out or italize fields (or other intuitive UI display) of locked elements.  In modeling, we often move quickly from one view to another and its easy to quickly jump into an element's dialog box, spend some time filling in or updating field values, only to then realize the layer is locked !  Currently, the locked layer is italicized.  Why not all the input fields?

b) Provide more input/edit time when activating a Properties field.  The input window, about three seconds long, often times-out if there is any typing hesitation.  Then, when typing quickly but not quick enough, the time-out then takes my next click as an exit from the tool or some other command.  The active field duration could be managed via the WE preferences as are some other I/O time lapse values.

c) General consistency for dialog box editing styles in active fields.  Various fields actions across AC behave differently.  View Setting dialogs, Classification Branch/List dialogs, composite list dialogs, attribute dialogs, etc.  Some are time constrained active fields, some auto-sort after input while others do not.  In the Composites attribute dialog, its so easy to make a lot of edits and mistakenly press Escape (with the intent to remove a rename of one composite, only to have the entire editing session exist without any changes.

While each these instances are by themselves short-lived nuisances,  they add up over time, and are distracting to modeling rhythm and workflow.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
0 REPLIES 0