Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Update Cineware Settings

4dProof
Advisor

would like an option to "match all", rather than tediously going through one at a time to update from basic.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 9.55.06 AM.png

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
5 REPLIES 5
runxel
Legend

What do you mean?

What's "all" supposed to mean in this context, where there is only one place to match from AND to?

Sorry, not getting it. 🫣

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

if I have 30 surfaces that are not set correctly in the cineware engine settings, and I need them to all match their basic/internal engine settings, I have to do match them one at a time. There is no "match all surfaces (from basic)" option.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Ooooh, you mean with multiple surfaces at the same time....

Well that's a different beast. I was just told yesterday that this a technical limitation and can't be helped with. 🤷🏻

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

yeah... those are the kind of answers we've grown to expect... unfortunately I can no longer tell my clients "if you think it should be possible, it usually is". I find myself saying "well, it sucks that we cant do that, we may need to use software xyz to supplement AC"
Busy trying to keep up with Revit structures seems to have left the actual user base in the dust