cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Variable size of the section and axis symbol depending on the view window

Ivo Ferriani
Participant

Link the size of the section and axis symbol to the window size in layouts. For example, in house projects, the ground floor drawing is larger than the roof and the symbols need to follow the size of the drawings on the sheets.

Captura de tela 2024-06-17 094813.png

Captura de tela 2024-06-17 094856.png

  

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Just use 'linked' markers in the roof view.

They can be positioned where ever you want, but that can link to the original section marker in the plan.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hello Barry.
Yes, I know about this feature, but in a project with several different floors this ends up being a lot of work. There could be a simpler way to do it. For example, there could be a link between the drawing frame window on the sheet and the resizing of markers.

So you would place a section/elevation marker in a home storey and that would be the true width of the section/elevation.

Then you set it to display on some/all storeys and adjust the position of the markers to suit the model on each storey.

That is exactly what a linked marker does.

It is just you have to actually place a linked marker on each storey instead of adjusting the position of the marker on each storey.

Not a lot of extra work if you ask me.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11