Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

drag the drawing back from the Layout 2 View Map

gaba
Booster

Workflow cosmetics.
When I have an extensive structure in the View Map and many sheets with many drawings (usually coming from different View Map folders), I don't understand why ArchiCAD doesn't allow me to drag regular drawings from the sheet to their own folder in the View Map.
Now, to achieve the same thing, I need to search for each drawing individually in the view map and then drag it to a new folder. That's a lot of tedious steps.

drag from layout 2 View Map.jpg

AC 7 - 27, Twinmotion | Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Dell 7740 Xeon | 64GB | Quadro RTX 3000 6GB + LG 2560x1080
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

Not sure I understand.

Any drawings already placed in the layouts should already have 'Views' for them.

You drag 'Views' from the View Map into the layouts, not the other way around.

Always work left to right.

'View Points' in the 'Project Map' become 'Views' in the 'View Map' which become 'Drawings' in the 'Layouts' which go into your 'Publisher Sets'.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Barry  I perfectly understand the logic of the principle of working from left to right.
However, what I mean is the possibility of QUICKLY collecting drawings already placed on the layout , back on the View Map in a specially created folder, so that, for example, this folder (and only these drawings as VIEWS) can be QUICKLY sent to the Publisher.
This means you don't have to search for each drawing on a layout in the View Map separately.
Since there are drawings on the layout , I would like to send ONLY THESE drawings to Publisher as VIEWS, not as layout with those drawings.
If ArchiCAD allowed you to drag "right to left" to a new folder EASILY and QUICKLY, you could have collected projections, sections, elevations... (used on layout(s)) and sent them to the publisher as VIEW.
In a word: how to quickly and conveniently send drawings from a layout to a publisher and publish them individually as a VIEW (and not together as a layout )?

even simpler... 🙂, ArchiCAD now:

acnow.png

my wish 😊:

acfuture.png

  

Hi @gaba,

Can you publish views directly from the publisher?

Ok, you don't have to back from layout to views then to Publisher, only 2 steps to publish views:

1) Create the desired new folder in view map containing targeted views.

2) Via publisher, switch (Publisher set chooser & manager) to Views.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 145613.png

Screenshot 2024-05-01 152033.png

Screenshot 2024-05-01 145854.png

Edit: Sorry I thought you need to avoid the step of going to layout but I understand now your wish especially when you have a big project with many views.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Hi @Mahmoud Qenawi, thank you for your involvement,

"1) Create the desired new folder in view map containing targeted views."

Well, that's the problem how to efficiently and quickly COLLECT the same views (or rather their clones) in the View Map in a "new folder etc" that are already inserted into some Layout.
Why should I look for these views in the View Map (and the folder structure may be large, there may also be many views with the same names...)? ☹️

It's tedious work even if we use the search/filter tool.

It would be simpler and faster if ArchiCAD first of all allowed these views to be dragged from the layout to a "new folder" and of course the view clones would be collected in the "new folder".
And then I know how to continue using the publisher, because it is very useful.

There is no problem with this when the project consists of several folders and several drawings.
More work when the project contains drawings from several stages of development, a complex structure of folders and repeated names of folders, drawings, etc. Navigating through this maze can be time-consuming.

OK, to make my work a little easier when collecting views already placed on the layout in the working folder "my Folder", I use the following scenario:
1) I open the Navigator and Organizer palettes side by side;
2) In the Navigator in the View Map, I filter the name of the destination "myFolder";
3) In the Organizer, in Layout Book, I select the drawing in the Layout area and click Open Source View;
4) In the Organizer, from the View Map, I drag & drop the current view (i.e. the spread drawing) into the Navigator into "my Folder", remembering to press Ctrl to get a clone of that view;
... and the same for each Layout drawing;
... and dan I have views (from layout) to the publisher.

2024-05-01-154012.png

By the way, an interesting option would be to keep the entire Layout Book structure in the View Map (with drawings from Layouts, of course and with optional drawing relinking, etc.).😎

Thanks to this, it would be possible to eventually remove unused views from the View Map, etc. getting rid of excess data from the project.