cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

locate drawing from view

Patrick M
Advisor

It would be really useful to have a feature to locate placed drawings from a given view; similar to the right click on a view and Find Linked Marker option.
The drawing manager and view/drawing indexes are useful, but they can be tedious to decipher 

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

In the Navigator Palette, go to the Layout Book. Since Views can only be placed on Layouts, that is the only place to look for placed Views. Then simply type the exact name of the View in the Search field at the top. The Navigator will filter out all other Layouts and Views, and will show only the Views with the searched Name. It will show each View in the Folder and Layout it is placed.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Gunda Rozite
Participant

I Think there is a way to do that. If you mean - finding placed views from certain model view (from Project Map finding views in View Map)? I know it's bit of a hassle, but if you have model view open - on the tab,  right click and select Recent Related Views and All related views... And there will pop-up a window where all placed views will be highlighted... If there is no such option - then that view has not been made.

GundaRozite_0-1709281190872.png

so my interest is more in the tune of a file/project audit. A view may be placed multiple times, and as a drawing, a user may (IMO, in error) rename the drawing to whatever they want; so searching by view name may not yield the results.
Obviously this wishlist item is not some make or break; but in analyzing the alignment of a view map to layout book structure, it would save me personally a lot of time to be able to list which views correlate to which layouts

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

yes, but that only shows where a given viewpoint is saved in the viewmap; it doesnt' track all the way through to the layout book

Truly agree with you and this wish would spare a lot of time also for me! And renaming is a thing (issue)..

I feel your pain !

How would that work? You would right-click a View and select this command, and then how would Archicad show you the Drawings that have the selected View as their source? Would it open the Drawing Manager and select all those Drawings? Or would it provide you with a next/previous button so you could cycle through the Layouts containing the Drawings placed from that View? Do you have a workflow in mind?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27