Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

pallet docking

giza
Booster
why can't we have possibility to dock all other pallets except standard AC (info box, navigator, navigator preview,toolbox, coordinate box etc) in AC workspace window, if i am using a 20'' monitor i want my workspace to be well organised with nothing floating around so i vote for docking Element Information, Favorites, Quick layers etc, and all other non graphisoft addons like archiforma or similar

thanks
Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm a new user from vectorworks to archicad, there are to thing about the interface that i don't know why archicad does not have, one is the automatic pan at the time you're in a command and second this, all the pallets need to contract and expand.
Anonymous
Not applicable
A good idea to do something to improve toolbars. When I open a toolbar and it floates around in my drawing and I try to lay it into the toolbars it makes a new line and use up my drawing window. It irritating. I think Microsoft office 2007 user inteface is much better.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes - Agreed - Critical to stop wasting time with the traveling pet pallets.

Should be designed as a stationary pallet that can be docked with other pallets.

WASTE OF TIME moving this pallet out of the visual screen when trying to work.

Get Rid of Pet Pallets.
__archiben
Booster
khouryd wrote:
i'm a new user from vectorworks to archicad, there are to thing about the interface that i don't know why archicad does not have, one is the automatic pan at the time you're in a command and second this, all the pallets need to contract and expand.
whilst i agree that some of the palette control could do with a bit of work, the auto-pan thing has never really bothered me: you know that you can still zoom and pan with the scroll wheel whilst you're in a command, right?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
__archiben
Booster
pdeppe wrote:
WASTE OF TIME moving this pallet out of the visual screen when trying to work.

Get Rid of Pet Pallets.
are you crazy?! what's needed is a more contextually aware command system at your mouse point! (maybe along HUD lines...?) not getting rid entirely!

that the polygon and 3D stretching commands are available right next to you when you need them rather than having to go find them is A Good Thing.

two things for you to try though: first off, in your Work Environment>User Preference Schemes>Dialog Boxes and Palettes... you can control the distance from your cursor that the pet palette appears and moves. and if that still doesn't float your boat you CAN have it appear in a set place all the time. just set the movement to 'Jump to Preferred Position' and the next time it appears drag it to where you want it. it will remember that from then on.

(it's useful to know exactly what you are talking about before you start complaining about something too! )

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup