Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

sliding doors with moving leaf on the inside

kristoftihanyi
Contributor

Problem: Archicad sliding doors have their moving leaf on the outer side, while in many countries the industry standard is having the sliding leaf on the inside of the external sliding doors. I can flip the opening direction but this causes problems when scheduling doors because the frontal view will be mirrored. Current workaround is creating a separate schedule for sliding doors, which is cumbersome and makes schedule difficult to understand by contractors and manufacturers. 

Proposed solution: add the option to select inwards or outwards sliding leaf.

Additional problem is that the exterior surface doesn't apply to the side of the outer door leaf, it shows the interior surface, which causes problems during rendering.

(hi, @Csilla Mai!)

4 REPLIES 4
Andy Melaragno
Booster

I agree!!

Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 / 25 / 26 USA | Windows 10 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
Lingwisyer
Guru

Could you use View from Reveal Side instead?

Can you show a screenshot of your material issue?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Thanks for the reply. 

View from Reveal Side fixes the front view being flipped, unfortunately if I want to show a floor plan view of the door, it's flipped compared to the front view. 

sliding door schedule.png

the top row is View from Reveal Side, middle is View from Opening Side. The floor plan view always aligned so opening side is upside. This flips the sliding door. This contradictory information is difficult to read by the manufacturer, leading to questions or in worse cases manufacturing a flipped door, which will be considered to be planning error. 
The material issue is shown here:

door frame material.png

Lingwisyer
Guru

Sounds like an issue that has been around for the past 15+ years. Maybe if we wait another 20 they will have fixed it... As far as I know, they just need it to read two variables for the placed door / window to orient them correctly. WIDO_REVEAL_SIDE and maybe SYMB_MIRRORED.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660