Collaborate forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Backing Up The AutoSave Folders With cron

(Cross-posted. Thought it might be of interest. OS X only, but I would think there's a Windows analog somehow.) We have had a handful of cases where ArchiCAD autosave recovery has failed when it should have succeeded. We have also had cases of human ...

Running Archicad over an OSX network

We're having some problems running Archicad on a new Mac OSX network. The network is setup so that users have roaming profiles. When Archicad loads, a window appears saying that the Cache Library cannot be loaded on a remote drive (it's currently set...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Layout modifications

Hello, While construction period is common to make some modifications on our plans due to construction errors or other decisions taken. Making the workers know clear which plans are the latest ones is a must if we don't want things to mess up. My que...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Updating in Plotmaker is extremely slow

We use ArchiCAD 9 with Plotmaker 9 (making the switch to 10 very soon). We often run into problems with updating drawings in Plotmaker. We typically import views directly from our .pln files--we find it works much better than creating .pmks. The proc...

• 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Any way to share besides TeamWork?

We have multiple draftsmen, architects, and interior designers working on a project; the project is to small for everyone to delineate their desired workspace. I'm doing as much work from saved SOLO projects as we can, but as you all know copying and...

• 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Teamwork - how to really lock layers?

Is there a way to lock layers so that a Teammate cannot unlock them, just the Team Leader for example, like publishing? I'd really like to lock the building axis for good and not again see a drafter accidently move one axis 10cm!

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Detailing and Clone Folders

Ok so we are trying to come up with a good way to do detailing. The goal of which is to try to have all the detailing done in one drawing so that you can take separte views of said drawing but only have ot inupdate the information once. Let me first ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Teamwork and Profiles, 3rd Party Add-Ons...

I am having a dog of a time managing a small teamwork file, because we are using many profiles that AFAIK can only be modified in exclusive access mode. Why?? A rhetorical statement/comment/question I guess - not to mention all of the other attribute...

Picture 1.png
andyro by Booster
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Teamwork and the Administrator Password

How protective of the Administrator Password should I be? I've kept it guarded for quite a while, not knowing what the repercussions could be -- but it's become an issue lately with people getting locked out of Teamwork at 3:00 in the morning (or som...