Collaborate forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Calculate Volume: Wall with a beam over it.

I usually design the building without knowledge of where the beams will be put by the civil engineer OR even if i do know, its not possible to know the beams hanging. So i set the wall height the full story height. Later i put the beams on top of. In...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Calculate the length of a rafter????

I have taken the Archicad Roof Maker library and copied it to my own custom library. I have removed the calculations that were created by the part already. I want to create a variable similar to what has already been done, but I want the calculation ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Interactive Schedule non-editable

I have set up an interactive schedule that I cannot edit. In the past, I have been able to select items in the preview list and change object attributes. Now, my entire schedule is greyed out. I know there is some check-box that I have to uncheck to ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

2D Part In Elevation won't Calculate

I have created a series of 2D parts for steel plates. I used ref component for a calculation. When the parts are placed on the floor plans they calculate, but when I place them in the elevations or sections they don't calculate. Any Ideas? Thanks. Ba...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Upload a part??

I have a custom purlin part that was created for a client. The client uses the Log Home Solution and I am adding in the Bill of Materials calculations. The problem I am having is that the part allows multiple purlins to be created by spacing. I canno...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Interactive Schedule - Speed Issues - Macs & PCs

Am I the only one out there who has noticed that the Interactive Schedule is significantly faster on a PC than a Mac? Editing is slower on a Mac, but panning across a schedule is significantly slower. On my PowerBook it is hopeless! Because it is so ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

REF COMPONENT Property Script Follow Up

I have been expanding on a previous question using the REF COMPONANT command. I have a part for roof purlins that creates purlins at a roof slope and spaces them according to a variable "spacing" Is it possible to use a variable, not a global variabl...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Super Part" Property Selection....

I have created several "super parts" and I'm in the process of creating another. Is it possible to script parameters in the part to select a defined property by a series of criteria? For example a wood joist: width= 5 1/2", height=7 1/4" and the leng...

• 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Area Calcs in Meter instead of FEET! (9.0)

My area calcs attached to fills are showing up calculated in meters, but noted as "sq. ft." For eaxample a 100 sq. ft. fill reads: "9.29 sq. ft." I have changed the calculation units for fills back and forth, but I can't seem to change back to the me...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes