Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Railing Segment Pattern Settings

Does anybody have any idea why I am unable to change the Pattern Distribution and Position in my railing? See screenshot. Working in AC22.

EH21 by Booster
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Magic Wand not defining contour lines in mesh as expected

Hello everyone, I'm going to keep this short. I have contour lines on my terrain and I would like to use the Mesh Wand to create new mesh points and fit user to ridges, however, it's not going as planned as the mesh wand can't properly define the lin...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

OPENINGS IN BEAMS INVISIBLE IN PLAN

It appears that openings made in beams (at least beams made from complex profiles) are invisible in plan. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm able to use the beam 'Holes' tool and those show up in plan so long as beam centerlines are turned on in t...

Reading ArchiCAD 9 files and transferring to AC18

Hello : I'd like to recover a file created by AC9 on a G4 Macbook. I have the AC9 file on my Macbook Pro, OS 10.11.6. Is the following procedure likely to succeed? Current - MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011) 10.11.6, ArchiCAD 18 Reinstall : Mac OS 10....

Topographical Surveyors

Hi all, Are there any Topographical Surveyors who use ArchiCad as their primary CAD software? We have recently employed our own surveyor and he has worked for the past 20 years with AutoCad to process his surveys. As we have ArchiCad in-house I don't...

Resolved! Polygonal painting

Hi to all, Is there a way to texture sides of one object (ex columg,slab etc.) differently ? Im asking mainly because while using external render engines such as lumion, textures must be differentiated so that custom textures can be applied ... This ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Wish to turn off preview of beams and columns!

Is there a way to turn off the preview image that is generated every time you open the beams or column settings dialog? It takes a second too long to generate and is most of the time not useful. If you try to be productive and efficient these small d...

Resolved! Its 2021, surely AC has Ortho mode by now?

Please tell me something has been implemented. It really sucks having to use a different software for detailing, then importing into AC. also....HOLDING DOWN SHIFT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK (as you can not enter values while holding shift).

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Can't change steps configuration or materials

I've tried restarting AC but nothing I do seems to help. No material changes or even steps type changes will change the look of the steps. I've tried overriding materials and so on. Tried creating new steps but structure and materials stay the same (...

JohnJay by Participant
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
Labels