Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Modeling curtain wall organic panels in grasshopper

Hi guys, Im kinda new to grasshopper and was trying to explore some specific features for my next project. Unfortunately i havent really found any tutorial on modeling curtain walls in grasshopper, more specifically generating organic structural line...

Assign random materials to Archicad model

In an Archicad 24 model with a pattern of 3D bricks I want to assign 4 materials spread randomly over the bricks (about 500 bricks, modeled with the wall tool). Is there a way in Grasshopper to connect (import) a complete AC 3D model and just assign ...

Urgent: ArchiCAD 23 update 5005

Hi, My company is doing an update for ArchiCAD 23: 5005 and I wonder if I could continue working with the live connection? From previous version I remembered that I got problem if the live connection version doesn't have the same update as ArchiCAD. ...

Grasshopper + Python json Addon

Is it possible to write custom GH python nodes that could use archicad module? GH works on Ironpython 2.7.5 and 'archicad' python module works on python 3.7. Any ideas how to combine it?

A lot of crashes

Hello Community ! I am using the GH-AC-Connection to AC23 quite a lot, but with the recent update, my Rhino 6 is always crashing (sometimes AC also...). I tried it on a different computer, still crashing. Even if I just place a panel ( not an AC-Comp...

Bumaye by Newcomer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow connection and crashes between ArchiCAD and Grasshopper

First off, I'm on a MacBook Pro with the following specs: OS: Mojave (10.14.3) Processor: 2.9 Ghz Intel Core i9 Memory: 32GB Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB Storage: 190GB available of 371GB I've been experiencing sev...

jrmrt by Newcomer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

WISH: Make input components more "grasshopper" like

The fact that one cannot list all stories and then operate in a standard grasshopper way to decide which story to place an element on is not exactly grasshopper like. I think this goes for all of the the components in the "Input" category as well as ...

Materials in Grasshopper

I deconstruct a composite wall. The result could be a lot of breps, each for each material in the composite. Has anybody any idea how to select the brep with a certain material, to select it in order to continue working on it?

AC23 grasshopper connection slows down Grasshopper (Rhino6)

Hello, our office shifted recently form AC22 to AC23 and from Rhino 5 to 6. We have been using grasshopper connection for a while now. But after getting AC23 GH connection to Rhino 6, the grasshopper became slow. I mean really SLOW! Just launching em...

Lele by Newcomer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes