Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Energy Evaluation tool (NZ)

Just wondering if anyone here in New Zealand is using the Energy Evaluation tool? aka the EcoDesigner STAR? As ArchiCAD/Cadimage seem to think that there is no support for it as quote: "because its not relevant to nz standards and codes" Or if there ...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Massive surge in fuel costs?

I've been modeling different options for reducing energy in a simple building in archicad such as shading devices, orientation, etc. I can see the energy costs lowering each time I make a change to the building that is positive. When I changed the wa...

Capture.JPG
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

5 NetZero Homes

https://foxblocks.lpages.co/5-net-zero-energy-homes-that-will-inspire/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=sharpspring&sslid=MzQwNDI3M7I0M7Q0BQA&sseid=MzS1MDUzMDEzNAQA&jobid=b9c38487-9d05-4fd1-b950-f322d4840b2c

Daylight Analysis

Hi With a focus on PHPP Passive House (PHI Passivhaus) design, I am interested in design for daylighting. As you know there is a clear relationship between cost of glazing ($/sqm), annual solar heat balance, sky brightness and window design and inter...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

EcoDesigner STAR

Hi, I am exploring using EcoDesigner Star for Section J - JV3 assessment and compliance in Australia (WA) I wish to hear from other users if possible - Is it worthwhile? Is it compliant? I see from the documentation that it claims to be ASHRAE Standa...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Change values for Openings catalogue arcicad 17 ?

Hi there, I was hoping someone could please help me. I have been searching the internet top to bottom and still can't find the info i need. I want need to change the values in the opening catalogue and not just override the window U/R value. So when ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

EcoDesigner to PHPP Passivhaus

Anybody using the inbuilt EcoDesigner software in v20 to export into Passivhaus assessment spreadsheet/software? I have an associate who is Passivhaus certified but not skilled in 3D modelling; I'm trying to find out if EcoDesigner can communicate in...

Real-world elements vs composite elements in Ecodesigner

Hi everyone, I have searched around for information on whether Ecodesigner will give realistic results if I model a building using real-world elements. That is to say, if I model a timber-frame house with insulation panels, services void, breather ca...

Zone - Crop to roof and CW Strange behaviour

I have problem with Zone and uncovered surface for Energy evaluation. ZOne cropped with roof are cut lower then the upside of the roof. Zone automatic CW slope and position seams doesn't match to the CW. It creates uncovered surfaces

Calc. U-value wall of composite wall with its own frame

Hi guys, I'm struggling in out office with calculating the U-Value of the wall that has a framing, like here: How to calculate it or actually how to approach it? I did the composite wall but for BIM model it is enough that we are putting the columns ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes
Labels