Did you mean: 
Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

U Values

Please forgive this newbie question: I can put the W/mK against each element. I can use these elements to create a composite surface. (Except I can't make an element layer that combines timber and insulation) ... so where can I see the 'U' value of t...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Naming convention EDS?

Hi, I'm working with translations of heat pump characteristica and I wonder about the English terms (if any) for a ground heat pump: Pump extremes: 1. The warmest outgoing temperature (around +60) 2. The coldest incoming temperature (around -8 for Br...

Ecodesigner STAR thermal bridge resolution error?

hi all, just testing Ecodesigner STAR before taking the plunge - i noticed the attached happening when working through the thermal bridging simulation for a (very bad) detail... it looks to me like ecodesigner can't 'resolve' the detail enough when t...

Capture1.JPG

ecodesigner star and passivhaus

Hi Just looking for some level of reassurance from other users regarding the interface between EDS and PassivHaus. We have a small test scheme which appears to achieve PassivHaus status using EDS calculation ( with a bit of manipulation of the ventil...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

English phrase for shortest stop or downtime?

Hi, I'm looking at the Swedish translation of the setting "Minimum Operation Time" under Central Heat Pump Settings in EDS. In the VIP-program this setting is called (direct translation): Shortest time for operation and stop. Basically it means the p...

Definition of Natural Ventilation ecodesigner Star???

Hello, Someone could tell me how the parameters for natural ventilation are defined in ecodesigner Star? Calculations are made with open external windows? There is possibility of defining control strategies of natural ventilation? Example: automatic ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Any visual difference btw Energy Eval and EDS?

How can I see which version I'm using? I can't tell the difference other than after pressing the green icon and start going into the menus. I'm looking for a more visible recognition of if it's EE or EDS I'm using. ? /Mats

Where is this Panel?

While checking on the promotional brochures for EcoDesigner and some of the past brochures from ArchiCAD 17 I noticed there's some sort of energy properties (and surface also) panel for materials I've been looking throughout ArchiCAD and can't seem t...

What is the small area under the door?

When I check the exterior structures for the basement room the foundation slab is shown correctly but I also get two small areas under the door which is an interior door. If I elevate the door a few mms the areas go away. The door has no threshold. I...

Energy Evaluation to REScheck/COMcheck

Now that I've got an energy evaluation (though I'm not really sure what its really telling me) I'm interested in efficiently completing my DOB required REScheck for my project. REScheck wants each component input, showing area, orientation, R value i...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes
Labels